So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Kim Crawford SP Rise and Shine Pinot Noir (Central Otago): It would very much like another cup of that spicy sweet berry tea, dear $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Kim Crawford SP Spitfire Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): Take everything cool about kiwi SB, and add a pinch of peppery awesome. $21 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): Long, assertive, about as subtle, but certainly not as dead, as that flik Zombieland. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 07 Cornerstone Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): By Jove, but I do like the spicy, earthy, plummy cut off your jib, old boy! $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Quinta da Lixa Aromas das Castas Alvarinho Trajadura Blanco (Vinho Verde): Today's sunny tropical respite has arrived, & cheaply. $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon (Colchagua Valley): Starts in a garden, picks from an orchard then settles back in comfy oak chair $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 MacMurray Ranch Reserve Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Requires big boy pants, for sure, but it's all jammy deliciousness now. $37 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Clean Slate Riesling (Mosel): The slate is, indeed, clean, a touch cloying, but also about as refreshing as you'll get for the cash$12 B- >>find this wine<<
- 08 Donnafugata Ben Rye Passito di Pantelleria (Sicily): Like having amazing sex without having to fork over for an expensive dinner. $40 A >>find this wine<<
- 07 Vall Llach Idus de Vall Llach (Priorat): Dried everything – licorice, figs & raisins – but everything dried is also damn high-end. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 07 Capafons-Osso Sirsell (Priorat): He's beefy, and he clearly has your back if a fight just happens to break out at this saloon. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Reichsrat Von Buhl Riesling Sekt Brut (Pfalz): Sweet biscuits and pithy lemons with a penchant for startling, aggressive behavior. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Fillaboa Seleccion Finca Monte Alto Albarino (Rias Baixas): It came to refresh and chew wet rocks, & it's almost out of wet rocks. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<