So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Bonny Doon Vineyard Bien Nacido X Block Syrah (Santa Maria Valley): Shiraz lovers will want to steer clear of this svelte beauty. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Bonny Doon Vineyard Cuvee R Rancho Solo Grenache (Monterey County): A vixen, infused with verve and comfy with its vivacious power $48 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Bonny Doon Vineyard Le Cigare Blanc (Arroyo Seco): Uhm… errr… so… wait a second, how much is this again? Really? Dang! $28 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Edetaria Seleccio Old Vines White (Terra Alta): She is liberally applying the heady, oily, rich – and beguiling – perfume. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Pina Ames Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Oakville): Dark fruit & earth that start out broad, but lean in with focus at the end. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Castell Reitsteig Spatburgunder (Franken): Sporting dirty leather shoes, but still quite light on the feet that are inside them. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Santi Solane Valpolicella Classico Superiore Ripasso (Valpolicella): Curt and demanding, almost to a leathery, dry-fruited fault $17 B- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Sojourn Cellars Wohler Vineyard Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): You'd better like your cherries, & you'd better like them deep. $48 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Sojourn Cellars Sangiacomo Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Split personality; lovely, lingering, but also pithy and demanding. $54 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Sojourn Cellars Ridgetop Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Still a mere babe in herbal, peppery, spiced-fruit swaddling cloth. $59 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Helfrich Grand Cru Steinklotz Gewurztraminer (Alsace): About as crowd-pleasing as the Chinese food with which it should be served. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Briego Crianza Tempranillo (Ribera del Duero): fruity, grippy, lively, leathery, and punching well above its weight class. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<