So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 15 Vina Casablanca Pinot del Cerro Pinot Noir (Casablanca Valley): Now has its smoky, toasty, plummy footing set firmly & confidently $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Vina Casablanca 2014 Nimbus Single Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (Casablanca Valley): More grass & gooseberry bang for your meager buck $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Cadaretta Windthrow (Columbia Valley): The kind of blackberries that apparently know how to cut a rug in swift, dancing form. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Castello di Gabbiano Chianti Classico Riserva (Chianti Classico): If a bit of funky game doesn't bother you, then, well, game on. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Trimbach Gewurztraminer (Alsace): With these guys you're only ever just a stone's throw away from refreshingly lovely stone fruits $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Dutton Goldfield Devil's Gulch Vineyard Pinot Noir (Marin County): Satan likes his Pinot very, very spicy. And very, very good. $68 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve (Champagne): You can drink nutty tropical fruit bread. Seriously. I swear to god, I just did it. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Chateau Lassegue Saint-Emilion Grand Cru (Saint-Emilion): For those who prefer their cassis with a heaping side of intricacy. $90 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Pellet Estate Henry's Reserve (Napa Valley): Silky of texture, sexy of nature, plentiful of pleasure, and easy of drinking. $120 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 FEL Chardonnay (Anderson Valley): You may just fall for the fresh, ripe peaches falling lithely from the lip of your glass. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<