So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 15 Gary Farrell Russian River Valley Selection Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Raspberries, rosemary, roses, & black tea, all adorably competing for attention with puppy-like enthusiasm. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Dr. Heger Pinot Blanc (Baden): In this case, an apple a day is what the Dr. is actually bringing to you. Lucky for you, and lucky for your wallet, too. $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Masciarelli Marina Cvetic S. Martino Rosso Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Riserva (Abruzzo): Juicy, rich, dense, bold, and just totally unapologetic about all of it. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Luca Bosio Vineyards Barbaresco (Barbaresco): Sometimes, a good Barbaresco is even more beguiling than a good Barolo. This is not one of those times. $40 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Reva Barolo (Barolo): Understatement is a lost art; for those on whom it isn't lost, I've got juuuuust the Northern Italian red to pour for you… $49 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Pascal Granger La Jacarde Beaujolais Villages Blanc (Beaujolais): Refreshingly refreshing. Where were you when I was baking under the Summer sun? $16 B >>find this wine<<
- 15 M. Chapoutier Domaine de Bila-Haut Cotes du Roussillon Villages Occultum Lapidem (Languedoc-Roussillon): A little too big for its britches, but about as impressive as ever. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 M. Chapoutier Les Vignes de Bila-Haut Cotes du Roussillon Blanc (Languedoc-Roussillon): I'm thinking that The Who's "Bargain" would make a great theme song here. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Prosper Maufoux Cremant de Bourgogne Rose Brut (Bourgogne): Kind of like your leftover Thanksgiving cranberries, only way, way better. $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Stephane Aviron Domaine de la Madriere Fleurie Vieilles Vignes (Beaujolais): Delightfully earthy. Or maybe that's earthily delightful. Whatever, just drink it. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<