So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Stoller Family Estate Helen's Pinot Noir (Dundee Hills): Displaying the fruits of labor when it's combined with refined focus. $70 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Stoller Family Estate Nancy's Pinot Noir (Dundee Hills): Rich of fruit, lithe of step, bountiful of spice, and heavy of wallet. $70 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Schloss Johannisberg Gelblack Riesling Feinherb (Rheingau): Firm, fresh, fruity, fragrant, & fond of its own handsome presentation $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Stoller Family Estate Reserve Pinot Noir (Dundee Hills): Sweet red berry fruit, but svelte & strong like it's been doing CrossFit. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Cune Reserva (Rioja): Spicy oak, compelling underbrush, & juicy plums, all set to get to know one another quite well given time. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Montes Alpha Outer Limits Zapallar Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (Aconcagua Valley): Pungent, piquant power to the thirsty people! $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Achaval Ferrer Malbec (Mendoza): Most of the meat, grip, minerals, and tangy berry action, with very little of the bloat. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Merryvale Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Herbal and heady, silky and savory; apt to disappear quickly if you're not watching. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Livio Felluga Sauvignon (Collio): Vibrant, at turns lovely, at turns nutty; just like your family Turkey Day dinner guests, right? $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Gabbianno Chianti Classico (Chianti Classico): You like it chewy, right? Right? Oh, you don't? Well, too freakin' bad for you, then $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Livio Felluga Pinot Grigio (Friuli): Once again, we're forced to ask why any sane person would go to any other region for PG… $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Perticaia Sagrantino di Montefalco (Montefalco): Darth Vader has a lighter, gentler grip than the 1 found in this rip-roaring red. $47 A- >>find this wine<<