So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Robert Mondavi Winery I Block Fume Blanc (Napa Valley): You lost the staring contest against its heady, floral, pure intensity. $90 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Robert Mondavi Winery Stags Leap District Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): Not shy on explosiveness, while avoiding fruit bombing. $34 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Buckeye Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Howell Mountain): Like a S'more, only with heavenly blackberries instead of marshmallows. $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Domaine Vigneau-Chevreau Vouvray Cuvee Silex Sec (Loire): Flint Cuvee, indeed; Chenin's vivacious side on refreshing display. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 M. Chapoutier Les Vignes de Bila-Haut Rose (Pays D'oc): Strawberry and pink grapefruit, armed & not taking any sh*t from anyone. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Shadybrook Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (Coombsville): Bold rather than subtle, excellent rather than, well, rather than anything else $95 A >>find this wine<<
- 14 Adelsheim Willamette Valley Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Not expecting its darker, plummier presentation? You won't mind it tho $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Monte Tondo Soave Classico (Soave): If only there were adult lemonade stands available that sold this on hot Summer afternoons… $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Concha y Toro Gran Reserva Ribero del Rapel Sauvignon Blanc (Colchagua): Generous, lively, and boisterous; be ready to party. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Vistalba Corte A (Mendoza): There's just so much to love here, and this one just isn't at all shy about sharing any of it. $70 A- >>find this wine<<