So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 VIE Roussanne (Lake County): Fleshier than it looks, enticing at first sip, and offering up Bausch & Lomb levels of saline. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Sol Rouge Gypsy Rouge Red (Lake County): Crazy-haired, wild-eyed, strongly opinionated, but also very clearly as sharp as a tack. $28 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Baron Knyphausen Riesling Spatlese Kiedrich Sandgrub (Rheingau): As cozy & gentle as soft pillows, as crisp as newly ironed sheets $39 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Dominio del Plata Susana Balbo Brioso (Agrelo): Four grapes, one vineyard, & a single, savory, focused, eagle-eyed determination. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Crios de Susana Balbo Rose Of Malbec (Mendoza): Put its big girl pants on, but lost none of its attractive vivacity in the process $14 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Crios de Susana Balbo Torrontes (Mendoza): An entire bunch of pretty, fresh cut flowers offered for the price of one or two. $14 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 La Jota Vineyard Howell Mountain Merlot (Napa Valley): Sweet plum, black olive, and stern, mountain man heft and attitude. $70 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 La Jota Vineyard Cabernet Franc (Howell Mountain): Zesty strawberries can actually achieve spicy, mineral depth? Go figure. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 La Jota Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Gravel paths through blackberry bushes, surrounded with stunning scenery. $80 A >>find this wine<<
- 07 Cardinale Red Wine (Napa Valley): Sage, herbs, anise, licorice, dates, all served up on fine silk & chased with a Cuban cigar. $240 A >>find this wine<<