So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Schloss Johannisberg Feinherb Gelblack Riesling (Rheingau): Citrus, flowers, slate, and an undeniably steely resolve; a pleasure. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Veleta Tempranillo (Vino de Calidad de Granada): Powerful, potent, a bit presumptuous & perfunctory, but also justifiably proud. $14 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Veleta Tempranillo Joven (Vino de Calidad de Granada): Might be young, but it's also tough, & ready for a battle with burgers. $10 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Fulcrum On Point Christinna's Cuvee Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): Something dusty and electric is alive in the roses & underbrush! $36 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Bodega Garzon Albarino (Uruguay): The finish doesn't last very long, but neither will an open bottle of this tasty tropical elixir. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Franciscan Estate Magnificat Meritage Red Wine (Napa Valley): Decant, then consume, preferably with grilled meat & lots of gusto. $50 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Cornerstone Cellars Oakville Station Merlot (Napa Valley): Fruit so generous, it could be a plum-&-spice version of Santa Claus. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Hedges Family Estate La Haute Cuvee (Red Mountain): Haute cuisine of the savory, accessible, texturally tart-&-vibrant kind. 1.5L $125 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Fratelli Berlucchi Brut Rose (Franciacorta): What did ya think of the dried strawberries? Yeah, I ate way too many of them, too. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Protea Chenin Blanc (South Africa): Very pretty on the outside; fortunately for Chenin lovers, also very pretty on the inside. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<