So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Barnard Griffin Rose of Sangiovese (Columbia Valley): Well, now, that's a lot of ruby joy for not a whole lot of coin, isn't it? $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Segura Viudas Gran Cuvee Reserva (Cava): Almost entirely about mouthfeel, and will put paella front and center on your mind. $14 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Robert Craig Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): From opening to closing, holds the promise of complete expression. $80 A >>find this wine<<
- 14 Catena Alamos Torrontes (Salta): Well, it's awfully hard to argue with Delightful when she shows up on a hot Summer day, isn't it? $10 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Boschendal 1685 Grande Cuvee Sauvignon Blanc (Coastal Region): Piquantly making its point that it wants some smoked fish, NOW. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Cantara Cellars Ruth's Vineyard Chardonnay (Lodi): A whole bushel full of ripe pineapples, with big spiky green leaves and all. $23 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Luigi Bosca Finca La Linda Torrontes (Mendoza): White flowers, drunk, arm in arm & loudly singing Queen's We Are The Champions. $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 M. Chapoutier Vignes de Bila-Haut Blanc (Cotes-du-Roussillon) >>find this wine<<
- 14 Donnafugata Anthilia Bianco (Sicily): Open bottle, add cooling Summer evening breezes, then watch all liquid in bottle disappear. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Le Volte dell' Ornellaia (Toscana): Like The Giving Tree, of it were a plum tree and all of said plums were juicy, sweet, & ripe. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 VIE Las Madres Vineyard Los Carneros Syrah (Sonoma County): And you will know us by the trail of intriguingly spiced tobacco smoke $39 B+ >>find this wine<<