So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Ernest The Settler Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Only thing you're "settling" for here is low abv; basically, you're in great shape. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV H.M Borges 5 Years Old Reserve Medium Dry Madeira (Madeira): Dried fruits, but not dry humor; in fact, this guy's overtly friendly $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV H.M Borges 15 Years Old Verdelho Madeira (Madeira): Fresh, long, & with more tension than the Reservoir Dogs finale, pre-shooting $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 57 Henriques & Henriques Bual Vintage Madeira (Madeira): The dual-purpose wood polish & bravery-inducing war elixir of the Old Gods. $310 A >>find this wine<<
- 15 Priest Ranch Grenache Blanc (Napa Valley): Some oddities just ought to be – and thankfully for us, are – diligently pursued. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Quinta de la Rosa L Rosa Reserva (Douro): That juicy dark fruit front? It's disguising the kick-ass, complex battlements behind. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Domaine Guiberteau Saumur Blanc (Loire Valley): Woman wearing elegant perfume & a wool coat, eating white peaches in the rain. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Chehalem Three Vineyard Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Spice and Earth royalty, preceded by boisterous red fruited fanfare. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Bella Grace Vineyards Vermentino (Shenandoah Valley of California): It's Italy, by way of a clever Shenandoah culinary short-cut $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Spell Wines Nichole's Blend Pinot Noir (Sonoma County): Consider Nichole a tour guide for Sonoma County's vibrant PN bounty. $39 B+ >>find this wine<<