So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Crossbarn by Paul Hobbs Anderson Valley Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): Sweet rhubarb herbal tea providing just enough pick-me-up. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Maley Brothers Vineyards Lodi Native Wegat Vineyard Zinfandel (Mokelumne River): Spicy? That's not spicy. Let me show you spicy! $34 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Quanta Terra Terra a Terra Branco (Douro): And then all you Chardonnay lovers were all like "uhm, whoa! what was **that**?!??" $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Hedges Family Estate DLD Syrah (Red Mountain): Everything great about WA Syrah, only it's spent a bit too much time in Funky Town. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Robert Oatley McLaren Vale Shiraz (McLaren Vale): Minty, juicy promises that don't quite get fulfilled, but the attempt's tasty. $19 B >>find this wine<<
- 05 Lokoya Mt. Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): A glass of beautiful, tragic opera in which our favorite characters all die. $400 A >>find this wine<<
- 11 Mt. Brave Merlot (Mt. Veeder): Brambly dark berries, bouncing on herbs & chocolate, and peeking playfully out of the cigar box. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Mt. Brave Cabernet Sauvignon (Mt. Veeder): Anise, espresso & cassis chiseling fine, polished statuettes out of graphite blocks. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Trefethen Oak Knoll District Harmony Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Aptly named complex congruence of both richness and energetic pop. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Trefethen Dragon's Tooth Red (Oak Knoll District): Thankfully, more like seductive, sexy, spicy love bites than toothy chomps. $60 A- >>find this wine<<