So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- NV Zonin Black Edition Prosecco (Veneto): What does a smidgen of Pinot Noir give you? The little black dress of budget-minded bubbles $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Zonin White Edition Prosecco (Veneto): Fragrant as a white flower, crisp as an apple, and chock full of some simple pleasures. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Zonin Grey Edition Prosecco (Veneto): If you're grey, you won't be so for long, provided you've got cheese & this smooth character. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Chateau Montelena Napa Valley Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Sports car action; power, smooth handling, sleek looks, and indulgence. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Domaine Latour-Giraud Meursault Les Narvaux (Cote de Beaune): Undecided, compelling wrestling match between verve and richness. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Edge Hill Bacigalupi Vineyards Russian River Valley Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Somebody's channeling Burgundy. Sucessfully $100 A >>find this wine<<
- 13 Buried Cane Cabernet Sauvignon (Columbia Valley): The plum, wood spice & earth certainly aren't being buried in this boisterous one $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Domaine Vrignaud Fourchaume Chablis Premier Cru (Chablis): Complexity takes a break; vivacity & drinkability, however, do not. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Nicholas Jay Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): A Grammy-Award-nomination-caliber debut performance, & you'll want to dance to it. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Robert Mondavi Winery Chardonnay Reserve (Carneros): A tense, cheeky, polite intellectual discussion between pear and brioche. $55 A- >>find this wine<<