So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Lokoya Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): French press coffee from paradise; plunging will take about 10 years. $350 A >>find this wine<<
- 12 St. Innocent Freedom Hill Vineyard Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Guilty of tasting a bit too much as though it were from RRV. $41 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Villa Franciacorta Emozione Brut (Franciacorta): Plenty of croutons on this edible flower salad, for those bread lovers out there. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Urban Riesling (Mosel): Pleasant enough company it is, but living up to the legends of its storied namesake it quite isn't. $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 Willamette Valley Vineyards Whole Cluster Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Actually, that'd be a whole lotta fruity, spicy fun. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Tortoise Creek Le Charmel Muscadet Sevre-et-Maine Sur Lie (Loire Valley): Stones, pears, and in a hurry to get going, right now. $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 VIE L'Intruse Mourvedre (Santa Barbara County): Not intrusive at all; in fact, it knocked first, & brought chocolate and tarragon. $39 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 VIE Thompson Vineyard Syrah (Santa Barbara County): Throwing blackberry chunks, in large pixelated blocks, aiming at your head. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Contadi Castaldi Franciacorta Brut (Franciacorta): Not complicating things, and not stopping you from drinking the hell out of it. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Willamette Valley Vineyards Bernau Block Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Pucker up for earthy, tart-berry kisses, & feel the luv. $55 A- >>find this wine<<