So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Elyse Winery Jacob Franklin Hoffman Lane Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Sooooo big. Sooooo minty. Sooooo svelte & drinkable. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Ascevi Cerou Ronco Superiore Friulano (Friuli Isonzo): This trickster plays it cool, then sneaks up on ya with lingering vivacity. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Troon M*T Reserve Red (Southern Oregon): Malbec & Tannat, all perky and snuggled up cozily next to one another, to your benefit. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Gloria Ferrer Rust Rock Terrace Vineyard Pinot Noir (Carneros): Serious, elegant stuff, waiting to sleep off its oak exterior. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Gloria Ferrer Carneros Pinot Noir (Carneros): It brought you roses. And cherries. And Spices. So, like, you’re welcome, okay? $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Gloria Ferrer Jose S. Ferrer Selection Pinot Noir (Carneros): Red berries, perfume, smoke, tea, with power & gravitas on the side. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Gloria Ferrer Jose S. Ferrer Selection Chardonnay Reserve (Carneros): How long can it juggle toast, apple, & cream? A long time! $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Calista The Coast Range Pinot Noir (Sonoma-Mendocino-Monterey Counties): It’s not reading Tolstoy, but it knows some great jokes. $25 B >>find this wine<<
- 15 Nobilo Icon Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): Not afraid to dial it up, in all aspects; also not afraid of your spicy gumbo, either. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV H.M. Borges Malvasia 30 Years (Madeira): Like being able to mainline a high-end cuban cigar. $100 A >>find this wine<<