So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 08 Carpineto Brunello di Montalcino (Brunello di Montalcino): Still a youngster, playing in the dirt and skipping graphite stones. $55 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Brooks Riesling (Willamette Valley): Grapefruit pith, toast and chalk that are patiently discussing stern austerity measures. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Cliff Lee Moondance Dream (Stags Leap District): For those who want their Bord'x blend turned up full throttle, with afterburners. $95 A >>find this wine<<
- 11 Cliff Lede Stags Leap District Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Brawny; like it stepped thirsty right off the paper towel roll. $70 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Cliff Lede Vineyards Songbook Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): A tune that's more Wagnerian cycle than quickly-digested pop song $190 A >>find this wine<<
- 11 Argyle Riesling (Eola-Amity Hills): Fresh, mineral-driven mountain spring water, with twists of limes added for good measure. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Grey Stack Rosemary's Block Dry Stack Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (Bennett Valley): SB as hazy, thought-provoking art house flick. $33 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Villa Sandi Vigna la Rivetta, Prosecco di Valdobbiadene Cartizze (Prosecco): Chalk-lined paths leading to elegant secret gardens. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Wakefield The Visionary Cabernet Sauvignon (Clare Valley): Arrives tossing out gifts generously; turns around & leaves too soon. $120 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Wakefield St Andrews Single Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Clare Valley): Soft earth & eucalyptus leaves clinging to obsidian blocks $60 A- >>find this wine<<