So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Simi Russian River Valley Reserve Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): If U don't mind the toast, it won't bogart the peach blossom. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Castello Monaci Arta Primitivo Salento (Puglia): Too woodsy? Wrong. Just wait a minute for it to display a zing in its step. 1.5L $93 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Quinta do Vallado Twenty Year Old Tawny Port (Porto): Please… Ginga Dun! Bring Stilton!!! Gunga Din! Bring Stiltonnnnnn!!!! $79 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 JCB The Surrealist Napa Valley Red Wine (Napa Valley): Eminently stylistic, but not skimping on the luxuriant substance, either. $350 A >>find this wine<<
- 07 Ayala Blanc de Blancs (Champagne): Gourmet biscuit action that is fresh, right out of the oven, & ready for indulgent consumption. $90 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Bodegas Marco Abella Clos Abella (Priorat): Potent, vibrant, lacking nothing now, & obviously has its future shiz totally together. $90 A >>find this wine<<
- 12 Maggy Hawk Stormin' Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): A finish that lingers, like watching a thoroughbred galloping in slow motion. $70 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Domaine Paul Buisse Touraine Sauvignon (Touraine): The Loire would like you to know that Spring has, indeed, finally arrived. $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Gallo Signature Series Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Vanilla and spice, and mostly full of fruity things that are nice. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Olema Pinot Noir (Sonoma County): Still a youngin'; and a potential excellent utility player for a late-round draft pick price. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<