So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Joseph Drouhin Drouhin Vaudon Reserve de Vaudon Chablis (Chablis): Peaches with rapier-like wit, and whip-like tongues. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Joseph Drouhin Drouhin Vaudon Chablis (Chablis): You'll need to employ geometry for all of the angles that this one is presenting. $21 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Vinedos Calcu Cabernet Franc Reserva (Colchagua Valley): Rough, ready, determined; also determined not to be rough on the wallet. $13 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Cono Sur 20 Barrels Limited Edition Cabernet Sauvignon (Maipo Valley): Strutting her guilty pleasure stuff, & busting at the seams $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Macchia Mischievous Old Vine Zinfandel (Lodi): For the love of Pete, someone get me a huge plate of sticky ribs, this is urgent! $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 2013 Finca Museum Vinea Rosado (Cigales): Cherries usually only taste this good and bright when they're fresh and right of the tree $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 McCay Cellars Trulux Zinfandel (Lodi): Like somehow training a hippopotamus to dance gracefully, subtly, and even artistically. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Malk Family Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc (Oak Knoll District): Fond of its own spirited game, but then, you'll be fond if it, too. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Reichsrat von Buhl Forster Jesuitengarten Riesling Spatlese (Pfalz): And you will know us by the trail of pears and vibrancy… $46 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Malk Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon (Stags Leap District): Chewing mint, strutting stuff, & not at all messing around. $72 A- >>find this wine<<
- 08 Alpha Estate S.M.X. (Florina): Something familiar, something odd; prepare your brain – & your tastebuds – to be challenged. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<