So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Chateau Panis Mialhe Minervois Les Eglises (Languedoc-Roussillon): The church bells here are ringing tunes of rustic amicability. $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Casa Lapostolle Cuvee Alexandre Atalayas Vineyard Chardonnay (Casablanca Valley): Drinkin' like a queen, spendin' like a pauper. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Prinz Salm Two Princes Riesling (Rheinhessen): Punching above its weight in the refreshing-length-of-lemony-finish department. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Inman Family Whole Buncha Love OGV Estate Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Whole buncha tasty, but kinda hogs the dinner table. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Flowers Camp Meeting Ridge Vineyard Estate Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Eschewing richness of mouth for richness of deeper rewards. $90 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Helfrich Riesling Noble Varieties (Alsace): Mineral-and-tropic lightening, and the thunder has a nice, refined ring to it, too. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Signorello Napa Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Whoooaaaaa, easy there, little bison, you're a little too wound up $90 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Paul Hobbs Crossbarn Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Sweet, oaky & ripe meets poised, lithe and… ok,and powerful. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Domaine la Croix d'Aline Saint-Chinian (Languedoc-Roussillon): Like a local bluegrass band, this one's just endearingly rustic. $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 Saint AIX Provence Rose (Coteaux d'Aix-en-Provence): Once again, Provence proudly proves why Provence is… well… Provence. $19 B >>find this wine<<