So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Alta Maria Vineyards Santa Maria Valley Pinot Noir (Santa Maria Valley): Like a china doll, it's almost too fragile too handle. $28 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Alta Maria Vineyards Bien Nacido Vineyard Pinot Noir (Santa Maria Valley): Like a department store, there's perfume going for days $48 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Alta Maria Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc (Santa Barbara County): "Why am I so soft in the middle, the rest of my life is so… grassy." $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Truchard Cabernet Sauvignon (Carneros): Acting like a fitness trainer in the midst of an overweight California Cabs convention. $38 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Truchard Pinot Noir (Carneros): Eschewing glamour, pomp & circumstance, instead focusing on over-delivering on tangent alone. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Truchard Roussanne (Carneros): Yes, it dresses rich, flashy, and opulent, but there's simply no escaping outs pithy upbringing. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Vie Beatty Ranch Vineyard Howell Mountain Zinfandel (Napa Valley): If it's intense focus U want, then intense focus U shall get! $39 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Vie White Hawk vineyard Syrah (Santa Barbara County): Dark of fruit, but still bright of character, & almost overly fond of mint. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Vie Las Madres Vineyard Los Carneros Syrah (Sonoma County): …And so I'll have to saaaay olive yoooou, in a sooooonnng… $39 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Vie Melange Maison I House Blend (California): Hell bent, hell bent for leaatherrrrr…. and rustic, tasty, brambly fruit, too. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Vie Belle-Amie Rose (Santa Barbara County): Hey! Hey guys! Guys! Seriously, watch me do my Tavel impersonation, it's killer!!! $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Vie Roussanne (Lake County): Might be just a biiiiiiit too rich for your blood; but fakin' it this puppy most certainly is not. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<