So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Fields Family Big Red (Lodi): Big indeed, on tasty refreshment; and surely a friend of CA-styled grilled meat fare everywhere. $22 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Cornerstone Cellars Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Not suffering fools; if U are impatient, it thinks U a fool. $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Cornerstone Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Delicious Man is tight-lipped, but he will save the day. In about 5 years. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Cornerstone Cellars Stepping Stone Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Menage-a-trois of dark fruit, tasty herbs & dark chocolate. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Rafael Reverte Cistum (Navarra): Dark fruits as graphite stone masons, working only by hand & laying it down totally old school. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Mathis Grenache (Sonoma Valley): Muscle and herbs, brightness and heft, brains and brawn, sweet and sour, supple and spicy. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Mathis Grenache (Sonoma Valley): For all its brooding savoriness, it’s still talking fresh, sweet, tart and textual when cornered. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Bodega Garzon Sauvignon Blanc (Uruguay): Pungent, tropical fruits that are seeking greener pastures, & more or less finding them. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Bodega Garzon Albarino (Uruguay): Apricot eyes, tangerine muscles, jasmine hair, & an overall impressive display of lifting power. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Elena Walch Gewurztraminer (Alto Adige): Lychee, with a can of petrol, a blow torch, an attitude, and out looking for a good time. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Elena Walch Kastelaz Gewurztraminer (Alto Adige): Buxomly beautiful, intellectually interesting, and vibrant in conversation. $32 A- >>find this wine<<