So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Prinz von Hessen H Riesling (Rheingau): Surprising, it's not; totally lemony refreshing, with a fist full of steel, it certainly is $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Baron Knyphausen Kiedricher Riesling Kabinett (Rheingau): Flowers, freshness, frantic energy & fortunately not shy on the fullness $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Flowers Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Like your lief on the savory side of things? Well, lucky you that they made this. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Flowers Sea View Ridge Vineyard Estate Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Rugged but light on its feet; lumberjacks in ballet slippers. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Flowers Sonoma Coast Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast): The zesty-ness will smack you upside your fool head. And you will like it, fool! $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Cloudy Bay Pinot Noir (Marlborough): Flexing the finesse, forgetting the haters, and forging itself a lithe, tasty & focused path. $44 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Erste + Neue Kellerei Salt Chardonnay (Alto Adige): By Jove, but there's some sprint left in the old girl yet, my good chap! $11 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 J Vineyards Estate Grown Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Front-&-center creaminess that's a bit too rich for its own blood. $28 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Alta Maria Vineyards Pinot Noir (Santa Maria Valley): Black tea butterfly kisses; it's pretty much daring you not to like it. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Alta Maria Vineyards Chardonnay (Santa Maria Valley): Uhm, sorry, this couldn't hear you over the sound of how delicious it is. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<