So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 La Villa Barton Cotes de Provence Rose (Cotes de Provence): Delicate flowers that are looking for a partner in as Asian spring-roll $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Nasiakos Agiorgitiko (Nemea): A fruity romp is on display, and the dancer is keeping excellent balance through tricky maneuvers. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Parparoussis Winery Nemea Reserve (Nemea): You will not really understand it until you are grilling lamb; then your eyes will open $42 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Bonny Doon Vieyard Clos de Gilroy Grenache (Monterey County): On the heavy-handed side, but also generous with the clove & pepper. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 Bonny Doon Vineyard Gravitas White Wine (California): Vanilla, custard, and flowers, all coexisting quite peacefully, it seems. $16 B >>find this wine<<
- 15 Celsius 13 Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): Lays on the charm a bit thick; don't worry, because you will thoroughly enjoy yourself. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Mas Fi Cava Brut Rose (Cava): The game being played here – and it's a fun one – has a name, and that name is "Let's get fresh!" $12 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Mas Fi Cava Brut Nature Reserva (Cava): No dosage, but also no fooling around, and no cause for reservations about enjoying it. $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 07 Fattoria I Veroni Chianti Rufina Riserva (Tuscany): Sweet, plummy Chianti kisses, followed by totally funky Chianti dance moves. $34 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Mt. Beautiful North Canterbury Chardonnay (North Canterbury): Lovely now; with roast chicken, it'd be downright beautiful indeed. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<