So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Harkham-Windarra Azizas Shiraz (Hunter Valley): All kosher; and all mineral-driven, delicate and earthy-dark loveliness, too. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Flametree SRS Cabernet Sauvignon (Margaret River): Mad currents of currants; grab hold of the nearby eucalyptus for support. $50 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Ochota Barrels Fugazi Vineyard Grenache (Mclaren Vale): Heavy, rich, savory, but the peppery fruit has a hell of a wide-eyed stare $73 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Jauma Wood Vineyard Grenache (Mclaren Vale): Enter the ninja… with a roundhouse anise-and-pepper dropkick right to your face. $75 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Lethbridge Pinot Noir (Geelong): Darkly brooding, but will use its tea-like tannins and wiles to eventually get under your skin. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Giant Steps Applejack Vineyard Pinot Noir (Yarra Valley): Happy to be alive, and lucky enough to be so pretty, sipping floral tea. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 BK Wines One Ball Chardonnay (Adelaide Hills): Peach jam, on toast, side of lemon and fennel, all washed down with mineral water. $30 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Jamsheed Garden Gully Riesling (Great Western): A reticent stunner, deep in soitary contemplation of its own pithy pithiness. $30 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Dandelion Vineyard Wonderland Of The Eden Valley Riesling (Eden Valley): Wonderland is a very, very, VERY dry place, it seems. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Lethbridge Dr. Nadeson Riesing (Geelong): Hunk-ish, but it’s thoroughly in touch with its more feminine, pithy side, as well. $26 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Zontes Footstep The Love Symbol Savagnin (Langhorne Creek): The potato chips of Savagnin; crisp, and probably cannot stop at one. $18 B >>find this wine<<