I’ve got some huge news for you fine wine-&-travel-lovin’ folk!
This November, I’ll be co-hosting a wine-soaked jaunt to Rioja wine country with esteemed wine writer Ben Weinberg. And hopefully, YOU will be along for the ride!
I’m pretty stoked to be working with Ben on this, and for the opportunity to show you the vinous, cultural, and culinary wonder that is Rioja.
There’s much I could write about the awesomeness that will be encountered on this tour, but the high-level summary is that by joining us, you will get the insider, VIP treatment in Rioja wine country, without having to do an of the work (wine writing, reviewing, spitting) that Ben and I normally have to do to get the same. Score!
You can check out all of the details at http://www.wineontheroad.com/spainwith1winedude.php. If it whets your appetite / blows your skirt up / etc., then download the Preliminary Itinerary and Booking Form to get started. You can, of course, always contact Ben or me for more details. For more on Rioja in general, take a gander through the past here at 1WD land. A bit more detail about our upcoming Rioja jaunt is available in video form below after the jump.
This is going to be an entertaining, informative, and incredibly FUN trip. You’ll need to prepare your wallet, your mind, and your liver for this incredible jaunt…
Highlights of the trip will include:
• Seven days and nights in Madrid and Rioja, focused on acclaimed artisanal food producers and wineries selected by Joe and Ben, based on distinctive expressions of local terroir and culture. The list of hotels, restaurants, and wineries with whom we are working is looking very, very, very kick-ass.
• Up-close-and-personal time with well-known artisans and one-of-a-kind, tours, tastings, and meals (like I said, VIP treatment, without the work).
• Accommodations in upscale hotels (because Rioja is not the place where wine peeps want to slum it).
• Special access to cultural events, including joining up with locals for evening activities.
• Free time in bustling Madrid and the picturesque towns of Rioja.
• Optional activities such as visiting local markets, personal appointments with select artisans who handcraft unique local products, spa treatments, golf, and other cultural events.
Price per person is $6,995, based on double occupancy for between 8-12 paid attendees, land only, excluding airfare, gratuities and other optional activities. Maximum group size is 12 adults of legal drinking age. For help booking airfare and outside transfers please feel free to contact Custom Travel Ltd., our trusted travel provider.
Yeah, it’s pricey. But you’re going to have one of the best times of your life if you join us! We’ve already got some slots booked, so if you want to get your culinary and vinous mind blown, get on it now and sign up to join us!