Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 M. Chapoutier Belleruche Blanc (Cotes-du-Rhone): Tropical fruit, flowers, heft & bite. Rhone’s version of a high-end Tequila shot. $13 B >>find this wine>>
- 07 Catalpa Merlot Single Vineyard (Tupungato): Guilty pleasure that’s surprisingly food-friendly despite all of the prune & oak action $21 B >>find this wine>>
- 10 Sterling Vintners Collection Sauvignon Blanc (Central Coast): Refreshing lemons, a hint of green grass &… not a whole lot else. $11 C+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Red Car Heaven & Earth Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Packing too much booze in the trunk but has racing stripes of herbs & suppleness $59 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Hirsch Vineyards San Andreas Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Dried herbs. Dark red fruits. Focused structure. About a keg of kick-ass. $45 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Peay Vineyards Pomarium Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): A tour across the forest floor with black cherry & tannin lamps to guide you. $59 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 08 Zonin Ripasso Valpolicella Superiore (Valpolicella): Not just a stopover on the way to Amarone. Pour it with spagetti bolognese. $20 B >>find this wine>>
- NV San Sebastian Vintners Red (FL): Muscadine that’s well-made; but then, so is Robitussin, of which this is vaguely reminiscent. $9 C- >>find this wine>>
- 07 Kuleto Estate Villa Vista Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Needs time to unravel that grip, & herbal/spicy/red-fruit complexity. $75 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 07 Kuleto Estate Syrah (Napa Valley): So much meat, fennel & red berry you’ll feel like you’re cocking dinner (w/ a shot of coffee). $45 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Kuleto Estate Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Perfume, peaches & suppleness. Feminine but angular, as grip & minerals make show up, too. $45 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 08 Von Holt Old Lakeville Vineyard Syrah (Sonoma Coast): Meaty, black-fruited & tasty, but like a shot of bourbon finishes a bit hot. $35 B >>find this wine>>
- 10 Von Schubert Maximin Grünhauser Abtsberg Spatlese Riesling (Mosel): No shortages of stone fruits, peaches, citrus or finesse here. $34 B+ >>find this wine>>