Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 06 Monteci Amarone (Amarone della Valpolicella Classico): That spicy dried cherry can’t get out from under its own big boozy shadow. $39 B >>find this wine>>
- 08 Giant Steps Chardonnay Sexton Vineyard (Yarra Valley): Drinks like it costs twice the price. A minor food-friendly floral triumph. $35 A- >>find this wine>>
- 08 Susana Balbo Cabernet Sauvignon (Mendoza): This tasty & flamboyantly fruity Cab definitely does not put the “ewww!” in “New World.” $24 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Casas del Bosque Pequenas Producciones Pinot Noir (Casablanca): A little jammy/big, but earthy, true & carrying it all with aplomb $34 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Casas del Bosque Gran Reserva Sauvignon Blanc (Casablanca): Tailor-made for lovers of grassy SB w/ hankerings for seafood cerviche. $16 B >>find this wine>>
- 08 Misty Oaks Vineyard Constitution Ridge Pinot Blanc (Umpqua Valley): Has all the melons already, seriously wants some crab cakes. $16 B- >>find this wine>>
- 09 Mulderbosch Cabernet Sauvignon Rose (Coastal Region): A couple of awkward invitees to this wild berry party but it’s still a party $12 B- >>find this wine>>
- 10 El Coto de Rioja Rioja Blanco (Rioja): New sheriff’s in town. Name’s pear. Rode in on some lemons. And he’s packin’ white flowers. $10 B- >>find this wine>>
- 10 Clean Slate Riesling (Mosel): If you’re into the limes-meets-wet-rocks theme, this is pretty damn good (for pretty damn cheap). $11 B- >>find this wine>>
- 09 King Estate Acrobat Pinot Gris (OR): Tropical crazy-*ss bargain of a wine. Gets the star sticker for playing well w/ others’ food. $13 B >>find this wine>>