Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Leitz Rudesheimer Berg Rottland Riesling Spatlese (Rheingau): Apples, lemons, flowers & just general sigh-evoking gorgeousness. $37 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 M. Chapoutier Belleruche Rose (Cotes-du-Rhone): A simple & tasty raspberry & red currant toast to give Summer a fond send-off. $12 B- >>find this wine>>
- 07 Duarte Georgetown “Georgetown Divide” Mountain Estate Tempranillo (El Dorado): Spicy complexity & boozy brute force meet for dinner $24 B >>find this wine>>
- 08 St. Amant Tempranillo (Amador County): Dubbed “The Road Less Traveled” – & this dark, chewy, smokey, feral trip is well worth it. $18 B >>find this wine>>
- 08 Pomum Cellars Tinto (Columbia Valley): Spicy, take-no-prisoners Tempranillo blend; you’ll feel every second of those tannins’ grip $21 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Reichsgraf von Kesselstatt Piesporter Goldtropfchen Riesling Kabinett (Mosel): The word we’re looking for here? That’s “Beautiful” $31 B+ >>find this wine>>