Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 06 Spring Mountain Vineyard Elivette (Napa Valley): Black currant, black plum, black tea, & maybe a little bit too much black angus. $125 A- >>find this wine>>
- 09 Laurenz V. Charming Gruner Veltliner (Kamptal): Classic Kamptal, which means it’s also a classic match for an enormous tasty salad $26 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Turk Kremser Weinberge Gruner Veltliner (Kremstal): Stately; those apples & herbs have finesse but also a ton of… well, of *pep*. $20 B >>find this wine>>
- 10 Pffafl Haidviertel Gruner Veltliner (Weinviertel): Citrus that drinks big as its name; stick around for the orange blossom finish. $22 B >>find this wine>>
- 10 Leth Steinagrund Gruner Veltliner Reserve (Wagram): Well-coordinated juggling act of tropical fruit, green peas, flint & spices. $18 B >>find this wine>>
- 10 Huber Gruner Veltliner (Traisental): Kind of like Chardonnay & Sauvignon Blanc dancing, but they’re not quite fully in the Gruve. $16 B- >>find this wine>>
- 10 Aveleda Alvarinho (Minho): Maybe not as stellar as the ’09, but still pretty friggin’ stellar. Tropical, lively & a total bargain. $13 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Trapiche Broquel Bonarda (Mendoza): Equal parts blueberry compote, black cherry and vanilla extract. Good if U like ‘em woody. $15 B >>find this wine>>
- 06 Farina Gran Dama de Toro (Toro): Concentration of a Buddhist monk; black fruit of a brambly bush; wood of a Buick Roadmaster wagon $45 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 07 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon (Alexander Valley): Come for the pure, stately blackberry & cassis, stay for the crazy cellar-able value $52 A- >>find this wine>>
- 09 Jordan Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Like handmade furniture the joints almost totally dovetail in this refined, lively Chard $29 B+ >>find this wine>>