Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Bastianich Adriatico Malvasia (Istriana): From Croatia w/ tropical/floral love. You can almost smell ocean air & grilling scallops. $16 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Weingut Liebfrauenstift Riesling Trocken (Rheinhessen): An easy drinker; just wish that lime & quince weren’t quite so veiled. $14 B- >>find this wine>>
- 08 Gascon Reserva Malbec (Mendoza): I’d love to taste the plum, black pepper & violets on display here w/out so much obfuscating wood. $25 B >>find this wine>>
- NV Clif Family The Climber Chardonnay (CA): Tons of apricot in this environmentally-friendly 1.5L pouch. That’s about it, actually. $16 C+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Senorio de UNX Garnacha (Navarra): Props for the pepper and blue/black berries. Things get meaty (& a tad rough) towards the finish $8 C+ >>find this wine>>
- 08 Inurrieta SUR (Navarra): This Spanish love child of Syrah & Graciano is black-fruited, spicy & peppery… and carved out of oak. $13 B- >>find this wine>>
- 06 Marco Real Crianza (Navarra): Savory, dark fruit dance of Tempranillo & Cab Sauv in which they kind of step on each other’s toes. $15 C+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Gran Feudo Rosado (Navarra): Garnacha channels the mid-Summer spirits of picnic-worthy watermelons, strawberries & tart cherries. $12 B- >>find this wine>>
- 07 Albret French Oak (Navarra): It’s not all brett (but sure is some brett!). Woody streak tempered by blackcurrant & smooth mouthfeel. $8 C >>find this wine>>
- 10 Ochoa Moscatel (Navarra): A 1/2-bottle of sweet, lychee-lemon-white-grape luv. Vibrancy, apparently, can come by the truckload. $20 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Otazu Chardonnay (Navarra): What happens when grapefruit pith gets too aggressive, goes rogue & attacks its handlers (& yer mouth) $14 C+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Castillo de Monjardin El Cerezo Chardonnay (Navarra): Crisp, tropical, stoney, lively & on the hunt for seafood cerviche. $12 B- >>find this wine>>
- NV Clif Family The Climber Cabernet Sauvignon (CA): Ultra-portable 1.5L pouch. Long on tart cherry fruit for those short on cash $16 C+ >>find this wine>>