Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Wairau River Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): Fleshy/acidic, a match made in Purgatory; lovely tropical fruit & herbs offer salvation $16 B >>find this wine>>
- 07 Rutini La Rural Vino Dulce Encabezado de Malbec (Maipu): Chocolate & berry liqueur melt into dried cherry, rum & general bliss. $50 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Licia Albarino (Rias Baixas): Fleshy? Yep – but also tropical, herbal & a pretty versatile, nimble performer at the dinner table. $17 B >>find this wine>>
- 06 Annie’s Lane Riesling (Clare Valley): Petrol, lime, & spice all working together far more productively than our current US Congress $15 B >>find this wine>>
- 04 Rolf Binder Halliwell (Barossa): Shiraz/Grenache; Think dried cranberry reduction sauce & venison and you’ll get really close. $17 B >>find this wine>>
- 10 Pirineos Mesache Rosado (Somontano): For those who are even *thinking* about serving strawberries & balsamic at an upcoming picnic $10 B- >>find this wine>>
- 10 Protos Verdejo (Rueda): Crazy value. Tropical, herbal, floral, surprisingly complex & made for grilled octopus on hot Summer nights $10 B >>find this wine>>
- 06 Simi Merlot (Sonoma County): Right Bank Bord’x visits Sonoma & hits the gym. Tea leaf, olives, black fruit & nary an ounce of flab. $18 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Loosen Bros. Dr.L Riesling (Mosel): The Dr is still IN, as is his impressive ability to capture Mosel soul at a great price point. $12 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Cataldo Sauvignon (Sicilia): Badda-bing! This is creamy, grassy, lemony & just one hell of a food-versatile find for the moolah. $9 B- >>find this wine>>
- 09 Peter Mertes Platinum Late Harvest Riesling Spatlese (Rheinhessen): Not shy about the sweetness, but maybe too shy about the spice. $9 B- >>find this wine>>
- 08 Concannon Righteously Rose (Livermore Valley): Red berry & meat combo will cause a headfake, but not after U taste it w/ pancetta. $10 B- >>find this wine>>
- NV Rondel Cava Pura Raza Brut (Cava): Short on finish, but long on green apple, pear & cream – and even longer on elegant value. $9 B- >>find this wine>>