Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 08 Achaval-Ferrer Finca Altamira (Mendoza): It’s all (screamin’ black cherry, savoriness, tannin, body) comin’ 2gether. Sloooooowly. $100 A- >>find this wine>>
- 08 V. Sattui Vittorio’s Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): Not without its layers, but let’s leave the canned pineapple at ACME. $24 B- >>find this wine>>
- 07 V. Sattui Cabernet Franc (Alexander Valley): Floral, plummy & crowd-pleasingly drinkable. But funkiness masks the real-deal spices. $30 B >>find this wine>>
- 08 Quinta do Vallado Touriga Nacional (Douro): An acquired violets-spice-&-gripping taste but it’s as faithful (& forward) as TN gets $54 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 06 Twisted Oak Tempranillo (Calaveras County): Intriguing fellow in dark cherry trenchcoat, smoking tobacco and selling spices. $24 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Murrieta’s Well White Meritage (Livermore Valley): Tropical but floral, big but svelte, creamy by crisp, a bit pricey but worth it $25 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 O. Fournier Centauri Sauvignon Blanc (Leyda): Hot damn, Leyda Valley is on fire right now. Herbal, creamy, & really friggin’ good. $18 B >>find this wine>>
- 10 O. Fournier Urban Maule Red (Maule): About the perfect red fruits & price combo to match all the BBQ sauce you’ll east on July 4th $11 B- >>find this wine>>
- 08 Bellview Winery Lemberger (Outer Coastal Plain): Lady Liberty might turn around & face NJ to smell the licorice & violets on this. $17 B- >>find this wine>>
- 08 Bellview Winery Cabernet Franc (Outer Coastal Plain): Look at NJ pumpin out the black cherry & tea leaf! Promising if heavy-handed $19 B- >>find this wine>>
- 05 Peconic Bay Winery Merlot (Long Island): Red plums, spice & an elegant, food-friendly lift with no signs of tiring out anytime soon $22 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 McIntyre Vineyards Estate Chardonnay (Santa Lucia Highlands): She’s a brick… house! Mighty mighty, just lettin’ it all hang out! $28 B >>find this wine>>