Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 00 D’Oliveiras Madeira Moscatel Reserva (Madeira): That’s 1900, folks. Has the spicy spirit of a spinster. About as good as it gets. $500 A+ >>find this wine>>
- 06 Modus Operandi Vicarious (Napa Valley): Pushing the limits of ripe dark berry; but damn, that concentrated fruit is easy to like. $39 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 07 Ridge Lytton Springs Zinfandel (Sonoma County): Peppery spice pushes this steakhouse fave a few paces ahead of the jammy Zin pack. $35 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 08 J Vineyards Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Black Raspberry+ Spices = Hedonist’s Delight. Even more solid (& fun) than the 07. $35 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 J Vineyards Pinot Gris (CA): Floral, tropical & uncomplicated; in other words, just about a perfect pairing for a hot Summer night $16 B- >>find this wine>>
- 07 Red Newt Cellars Dry Riesling Reserve (Finger Lakes): Big, & moody; but there’s true beauty in its apricot, apple & citrus zest. $24 B >>find this wine>>