Sign Up to get all the latest wine coolness delivered to your virtual doorstep. I've also got short, easily-digestible mini wine reviews and some educational, entertaining wine vids. If you're looking to up your wine tasting IQ, check out my book How to Taste Like a Wine Geek: A practical guide to tasting, enjoying, and learning about the world's greatest beverage. Cheers!
- NV Greater Purpose White Label Red (Dry Creek Valley): VG red for a VG charity. On the jammy side but will rock with grilled burgers. $18 B #
- NV Greater Purpose Black Label Red (Dry Creek Valley): A tale of 2 edges, 1 jammy fruit, the other tough tannin. Live by the sword… $18 B- #
- NV Rozes Porto Infanta Isabel 10 Year Tawny Port (Porto): Has the dried fruits, caramel color & nutty aromas, but not the real magic. $25 B- #
- 99 Smith Woodhouse LBV Port (Porto): Trad. & needs decanting, but the peppery spice & blackberry are worth the extra effort involved. $29 B #
- NV Churchill White Port (Porto): Looks like a disaster (cloudy) but tastes like a master (nutty, woody, rich, racy & balanced). $22 B+ #
- 02 Dom Perignon (Champagne): The fruit has taken residence on the border of the tropics, & you will be *very* happy to greet it there $130 A #
- NV Perrier-Jouet Blason Rose (Champagne): Bubbly, sexy, tart & a tad edgy; basically all the things you want in a dinner companion. $50 B+ #