Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 07 Kilikanoon Oracle Shiraz (Clare Valley): Dark chocolate & eucalyptus never looked so happy (or flamboyantly dressed) together. $70 A- >>find this wine>>
- 09 Louis Jadot Beaujolais-Villages (Beaujolais): Approachable, peppery & tasty for when your dinner fare is steaky, simple & spicy. $13 B- >>find this wine>>
- 08 Cobb Emmaline Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): She’s speaking softly, but what she has to say is lovely (& worth hearing). $68 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Shaw And Smith Sauvignon Blanc (Adelaide Hills): Tropical fruits & herbaceousness offered in Lady-Justice’s-scales-like balance. $29 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Von Holt Cellars Suacci Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Sweet finish infraction pardoned on account of red berry loveliness. $35 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Laxas Albarino (Rias Baixas): The tropics, by way of the Mino River; best attempted with soft-shelled crab sandwich & a nice view. $18 B >>find this wine>>
- 08 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve (Napa Valley): Back to opulent but complexly balanced (& pleasantly herbal) form $135 A- >>find this wine>>
- 07 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville District (Oakville): As lush, plush, deep & velvety as your favorite pillow. $45 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): A 101 course in all that’s great – & not-so-great – about biggish NV Cabs. $28 B >>find this wine>>
- NV Churchill 10 Year Old Tawny Port (Porto): Uhm… WOW. Nailing the definition of 10 yr Tawny with Britannica-like precision. 500 ml $33 A- >>find this wine>>
- 07 Robert Mondavi Winery Chardonnay Reserve (Napa Valley): What’s this? The Reserve is actually somewhat reserved! And damn good too. $40 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Robert Mondavi Winery Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Like an egotistical NFL wide receiver; crisp moves, but just a tad puffy & boastful $20 B >>find this wine>>
- 06 S. C. Pannell Grenache (McLaren Vale): Meet Mr. Grenache, in all his multifaceted, blackberry/cherry/violet/pepper/herbal glory. $60 A- >>find this wine>>
- NV Casalnova Prosecco (Treviso): Casalnova’s Treviso frizzy is a bit of a *Casanova*; floral & fruity, but sporting a refined streak. $17 B >>find this wine>>