Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 07 Castello di Bossi Chianti Classico (Chianti): Lots of pretty fruit, lots of lithe balance, & a bit of (slightly distracting) funk. $20 B >>find this wine>>
- 08 Georg Breuer Riesling Terra Montosa (Rheingau): Who can refuse candied ginger & flowers? Especially when they go so well w/ dinner $40 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Fred Loimer Lois Gruner Veltliner (Niederosterreich): Zesty. As in, “possessing lime zest” zesty. Tailor-made for Summer nights. $15 B- >>find this wine>>
- 07 Spring Mountain vineyard Syrah (Napa Valley): Meaty, blue-fruited, spicy, has a rough edge – & sure as hell isn’t messing around. $55 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 96 Williams Selyem Coastlands Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Big, earthy, dark & smokey. Won’t beguile you, but *will* own you. $120 A- >>find this wine>>
- 96 Williams Selyem Riverblock Vineyard Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Rarely can one use “liltingly gorgeous” & actually mean it. $100 A >>find this wine>>
- 09 Lincourt Courtney’s Chardonnay (Santa Rita Hills): Elegance, riding in on stoney minerals, trumps tropical buttery-ness (our hero!) $25 B >>find this wine>>
- 08 Lincourt la Cuesta Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Santa Ynez): Ok there’s the oak thing. But there’s the leather/licorice thing too. $35 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Vavasour Sauvignon Blanc (Awatere Valley): Sort of like ‘death by lime, lemongrass, pink grapefruit & chalk.’ But in a good way. $15 B >>find this wine>>
- 10 Clifford Bay Pinot Noir (Marlborough): Raging baking spices. Raging, juicy red berry fruit. Raging, racy structure. Raging bargain. $15 B >>find this wine>>
- 10 Clifford Bay Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): Clean as a whistle, crisp as fresh grapefruit, & cheaper than a latte at Peet’s in SFO $10 B- >>find this wine>>
- 09 Joseph Drouhin Brouilly (Brouilly): A serious pepper & red berry Beaujolais show. But might be suffering from a case of Morgon envy $18 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Joseph Drouhin Rully Blanc (Rully): Carries apple, spice, citrus, a good deal of charm, and probably a slightly elevated price tag $20 B- >>find this wine>>