Sign Up to get all the latest wine coolness delivered to your virtual doorstep. I've also got short, easily-digestible mini wine reviews and some educational, entertaining wine vids. If you're looking to up your wine tasting IQ, check out my book How to Taste Like a Wine Geek: A practical guide to tasting, enjoying, and learning about the world's greatest beverage. Cheers!
- 09 Von Schubert Maximin Grünhauser Riesling (Mosel): Quite aggressive citrus edge, even for a young Mosel. Very good (but not great). $35 B+ #
- 06 Wallis Family Diamond Mtn. District Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Unabashedly chasing big scores, & will get them; it's superb $85 A- #
- 08 C. Donatiello Middle Reach Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Fans of big CA Chards will be hard-pressed to find a better example. $NA B+ #
- 09 Pascal Jolivet "Attitude" Rose (Loire): Handsome illegitimate love child of Pinot Noir / Gamay / Cabernet Sauvignon three-way. $16 B- #
- 07 Pina D'Adamo Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Soooo dark. Soooo smooth. Soooo concentrated. Soooo good. Toooo BIG. $75 B+ #
- 08 Guy Saget Domaine de la Perriere Sancerre: Don't even think about touching this racy, flowery beauty w/out buying her dinner first. $22 B #