Sign Up to get all the latest wine coolness delivered to your virtual doorstep. I've also got short, easily-digestible mini wine reviews and some educational, entertaining wine vids. If you're looking to up your wine tasting IQ, check out my book How to Taste Like a Wine Geek: A practical guide to tasting, enjoying, and learning about the world's greatest beverage. Cheers!
- 08 Palo Alto Reserva Suavigon Blanc (Maule Valley): Good, but not great, w/ citrus fruit that's a tad green & disappears a bit too quickly. #
- 08 Palo Alto Reserva Red (Maule Valley): Very cheap & very good. Black fruit almost marred by toughness, but midpalate cherry saves the day. #
- 08 Trefethen Dry Riesling (Napa Valley): You can put the German grape in CA, but you just can't take the CA out of the result. #
- 07 Les Deux Rives Corbieres Rouge (Corbieres): Jammy enough to spread on toast. Spicy enough for meat off the grill. Cheap enough to share. #
- 08 Carmen Rose (Maipo Valley): 50% Cab, but it's the other 1/2 (Shiraz) that rounds out the red berry flavor. Fairly priced at $10. #
Powered by Twitter Tools