Sign Up to get all the latest wine coolness delivered to your virtual doorstep. I've also got short, easily-digestible mini wine reviews and some educational, entertaining wine vids. If you're looking to up your wine tasting IQ, check out my book How to Taste Like a Wine Geek: A practical guide to tasting, enjoying, and learning about the world's greatest beverage. Cheers!
- 08 Penns Woods Traminette (PA): Aromatic, creamy, & surprisingly compex. If they set out to make a simple wine, they failed spectacularly. #
- 05 Penns Woods Merlot Reserve (PA): Robust & full of dark fruits. Flirting dangerously close to over-extraction, but thoroughly enjoyable. #
- 07 Penns Woods Chardonnay Reserve (PA): Vanilla, tropical fruit, VG acidity. Might be the best E. Coast Chard. I've EVER tasted. Period. #
- 07 Christian Moreau Chablis: Racy & tasty. More proof that Chablis is the de facto home of unadorned Chardonnay – purely perfect & a bargain #
- 08 Pascal Jolivet "Attitude" Sauvignon Blanc (Loire): VG, tart w/ sliced apple & grapefruit dominating. But someone threw some grass in too. #
- 07 Olivier Leflaive "Les Setilles" Bourgogne Blanc: Big for Burg, but not if you're used to blowsy CA over-oaked monsters. Great w/ scallops #
- 08 Potel-Aviron Beaujolais Villages: Like a plate of candied berries w/ hibiscus garnish. Easy drinking, easy on the wallet, easy to love. #
- 08 P45 Rose (Cotes du Rhone): Kind of like eating under-ripe red berries off the vine; simple, fruity, a little dirty, & a guilty pleasure. #
- 08 Toquade Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): Christine Barbe's triumph of ingenuity over adversity. Vibrant, complex, & delicious. Drink it now #
- 01 Jarvis Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve (Napa): Black fruit w/ a touch of heavy graphite pencil. Proving that good Napa Cab can age gracefully. #
Powered by Twitter Tools.