Sign Up to get all the latest wine coolness delivered to your virtual doorstep. I've also got short, easily-digestible mini wine reviews and some educational, entertaining wine vids. If you're looking to up your wine tasting IQ, check out my book How to Taste Like a Wine Geek: A practical guide to tasting, enjoying, and learning about the world's greatest beverage. Cheers!
- Planeta 'Segreta' Nero d'Avola/Merlot (Sicily): 'Warrior needs food, badly!' And so does this wine. Why isn't Nero more popular Stateside?!? #
- 07 Honoro Vera Merlot (Jumilla): Seasons52 exclusive Monastrell blend. Very approachable red fruit & spice. VERY ymmy with lamb & potatoes. #
- 06 Retromarcia Sangiovese (Chianti Classico): Good balance btw 'Old' (woody, citrus peel) & 'New' (ripe red fruits) styles. Drink it now (?) #
- 06 selbach-Oster Bernkasteler Badstube Riesling Auslese (Mosel): An embryo. Acidic – like, Alien's blood acidic! Needs decades to open up. #
- 07 Lingenfelder Riesling Kabinett (Pfalz): The operative word is Lovely – as in lovely green apple & lime, lovely taste, & lovely with food. #
- 07 Macchia 'Oblivious' Old Vine Zinfandel (Lodi): eXtreme Zin. The X Games of Zin. Port-like prune & blueberry, and a massive Port-like abv. #
- 08 Martha Clara Vineyards Riesling (LI): A balanced offering with citrus, yellow apple & hay. Germany it ain't, but bad it ain't, either. #
- 06 Buena Vista Pinot Noir (Carneros): Good, if a bit rough around the edges. Red fruit, a little too jammy, but will stand up to heavy food. #
Powered by Twitter Tools.