Sign Up to get all the latest wine coolness delivered to your virtual doorstep. I've also got short, easily-digestible mini wine reviews and some educational, entertaining wine vids. If you're looking to up your wine tasting IQ, check out my book How to Taste Like a Wine Geek: A practical guide to tasting, enjoying, and learning about the world's greatest beverage. Cheers!
- 06 Petanque Syrah (CA): Very solid 1st effort 2nd label from Michel-Schlumberger. Maybe not a home run, but a fruity double for sure. BBQ! #
- 07 Pétanque Sauvignon Blanc (CA): Quaffable & tasty, but you can't take the CA out of the SB. Hits the mark for the price point, though. #
- 07 Pétanque Cabernet Sauvignon (CA): Some jammy dark cherry fruity smokey decently-priced goodness. Needs food to really shine, though. #
- 07 Pétanque Chardonnnay (CA): Suprising amount of citrus & balance, like that lemonhead guy tightrope walking. Ok, that visual is weird… #
- 07 Selbach-Oster Riesling Kabinett (Mosel): Crisp green apple & minerals. Classic blue slate soil profile. Not that I've tasted blue slate. #
- 08 Indaba Chardonnay (West Cape, SA): VG balance of tropical fruit & cream, & enough acid to stand up to dinner. Just a ridiculous value. #
- 06 Selbach-Oster Weissburgunder (Mosel): About as big as Pinot Blanc gets, but also about as yummy-fruity & food-friendly as PB gets. #
- Marques de Monistrol Cava Rosé Brut Reserva Selección Especial: Pink grapefruit & hints of toast. At these prices, why would you NOT try it? #
- 07 ZaZin! Old Vine Zinfandel (Lodi): A jammy, blueberry, jammy, spicy, jammy, raisiny, jammy, jammy, jammy, jammy monster of a wine. #
Powered by Twitter Tools.