Sign Up to get all the latest wine coolness delivered to your virtual doorstep. I've also got short, easily-digestible mini wine reviews and some educational, entertaining wine vids. If you're looking to up your wine tasting IQ, check out my book How to Taste Like a Wine Geek: A practical guide to tasting, enjoying, and learning about the world's greatest beverage. Cheers!
- 07 Schafer Frohlich Riesling Spatlese (Nahe): It’s like the album ‘Pet Sounds'; everyone loves it, but I just don’t quite seem to ‘get it’. #
- 06 Viu Manent La Capilla Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (Colchagua): It’s all big – the dark fruit, the leather, the booze… & the green pepper. #
- 06 Mondavi To Kalon Vineyard Fume Blanc Reserve (Napa Valley): Like a bodybuilder; sexy to some, but not to everyone. As big as SB gets. #
- 01 Ch. La Nerthe (Chateauneuf-du-Pape): Those pissing & moaning about CdP have clearly never tasted this intense red fruit goodness. Saps… #
- 01 French Creek Ridge Vidal Blanc Ice Wine (PA): Peach & grape on the nose, pure honey on the palate. Not too complex, but it’s sexy anyway. #
- Bodegas y Vinedos Pascual Toso Sa Toso Brut (Argentina): Loire-inspired sparkler. Loire-esque? No. Tasty? Hell yeah. Apples abound. #
- Bodega Norton Torrontes (Mendoza): Almost like Riesling on the nose, almost really smooth on palate, & at $9 VERY easy on the bank account. #
- 06 Montes “Limited Selection” Pinot Noir (Chile): The smell of OR, the fat of CA. Strawberry & violets are there, & so is… green pepper… #
- 06 Santa Ema Carmenere Barrel Select (Chile): Wallop of black cherry, black pepper, and black chocolate. Oh, yeah, and… GREEN PEPPER! #
Powered by Twitter Tools.