Sign Up to get all the latest wine coolness delivered to your virtual doorstep. I've also got short, easily-digestible mini wine reviews and some educational, entertaining wine vids. If you're looking to up your wine tasting IQ, check out my book How to Taste Like a Wine Geek: A practical guide to tasting, enjoying, and learning about the world's greatest beverage. Cheers!
- 08 Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): With those tropical fruits, this is NZ SB with a big, fun Hawaiian shirt and a sun hat. #
- 08 Alamos Malbec (Mendoza): Inky & not as big as you might expect, but still much more of a ‘Godzilla’ wine than, say, a ‘Moth-Ra’ wine. #
- 07 Wolffer Estate Icewine (Hamptons): White pear, sugar crystals, and glycerin. Sounds like a bomb, but that 20+ sec. finish is THE bomb… #
- 07 Shinn Estate Cabernet Franc (North Fork, LI): Pre-release, promises to be stunning. A carriage ride through spice & red berry patches… #
- 05 Wolffer Premier Cru Merlot (Hamptons): The blueberry fruit is svelte, as are the minerals, spices & liveliness. The price is NOT svelte. #
- 06 Merliance Merlot (Long Island): 5-winery LI showcase blend. All smoke on the nose, but smooth as silk red berry once it hits your mouth. #
- 06 Mer Soleil Barrel Fermented Chardonnay (Santa Lucia Highlands): It was a BIG time when they drank BIG wines with BIG butter & BIG oak… #
Powered by Twitter Tools.