Sign Up to get all the latest wine coolness delivered to your virtual doorstep. I've also got short, easily-digestible mini wine reviews and some educational, entertaining wine vids. If you're looking to up your wine tasting IQ, check out my book How to Taste Like a Wine Geek: A practical guide to tasting, enjoying, and learning about the world's greatest beverage. Cheers!
- 07 Robert Mondavi Fume Blanc (Napa Valley): Granddaddy of modern CA wine going strong. More lemongrass & vanilla than a Vietnamese dinner. #
- 07 Crane Lake Cabernet Sauvignon (CA): Cab?? Yeah, & I’m the Pope. Amazingly unbalanced for its low abv. To be served to your worst enemies. #
- 05 Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Blackberry & chocolate. Probably overdone, but with grilled steak you won’t mind one bit #
- 04 Cornerstone Cellars Howell Mtn. Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Sublime balance btw focused black fruit & silky tannic structure. Drool #
- 08 MontGras Reserva Carmenère (Colchagua Valley): Black, spicy & peppery enough to stand up to blackened swordfish. Tasty, if not exciting. #
- 06 Martin Codax Ergo (Rioja): New world in terms of forward berry fruit, old world in terms of acidity & raging, massive Rioja oakiness. #
Powered by Twitter Tools.