Sign Up to get all the latest wine coolness delivered to your virtual doorstep. I've also got short, easily-digestible mini wine reviews and some educational, entertaining wine vids. If you're looking to up your wine tasting IQ, check out my book How to Taste Like a Wine Geek: A practical guide to tasting, enjoying, and learning about the world's greatest beverage. Cheers!
- Veuve Clicquot Brut “Yellow Label” (Champagne): Well-balanced green apples and yeasty bread, & still quite worthy of the heady reputation. #
- 07 Rosa D’Oro Muscat Canelli (Lake COunty, CA): Intense lemon, green grape, & blistering citrus acid that just screams for a crab salad. #
- 07 Rosa D’Oro Sangiovese (Lake County, CA): Nice balance of dried red fruit and “puckery” structure. Not from Chianti? Could’ve fooled me… #
- 08 Estancia Riesling (Monterey County): No mistaking this is from a warmer climate. Apples & peach dominate (but with a hint of honey). #
- 06 Paso Creek Cabernet Sauvignon (Paso Robles): Concentrated dark cherry, almost sweet. Fruity, yes. Complex, no. #
- 07 Jackson-Triggs Proprietor’s Reserve Icewine (Niagara): Like liquid mango sorbet, except it goes with fruit tart & can get you buzzed. #
Powered by Twitter Tools.