Sign Up to get all the latest wine coolness delivered to your virtual doorstep. I've also got short, easily-digestible mini wine reviews and some educational, entertaining wine vids. If you're looking to up your wine tasting IQ, check out my book How to Taste Like a Wine Geek: A practical guide to tasting, enjoying, and learning about the world's greatest beverage. Cheers!
- 07 Waters Crest Chardonnay (North Folk, LI): Delicate tropical fruit & creme brulee. Careful – the livin’ sh*t has been oaked outta this! #
- 05 Marc Kreydenweiss Kritt Pinot Blanc “Les Charmes” (Alsace): Citrus & pear, w/ a honeyed finish that seems to last for an hour. Great buy. #
- 06 Domaine Pierre Morey Aligoté (Burgundy): Someone just shot an acid laser into my mouth! Needs seafood cerviche (the rawer the better). #
- 05 Domaine Marc Kreydenweiss Perrières (Costières de Nîmes): Brings the barnyard funk, in a good way, w/ dark cherry, leather, & bacon. Yum. #
- 06 Tenuta di Biserno Insolgio del Cinghiale (Tuscany): Kickin’ blend with tobacco leaf, smoke, & dark jammy fruit. Prepare ye some Bison! #
- 08 Sebeka Chenin Blanc (Western Cape, SA): Star & tropical fruits, a VG value. Could use more acidity & “oomph”, but whaddya want for $10? #
- 07 Alamos Seleccion Malbec (Mendoza): From blueberry compote to spiced fruitcake with violets on top. In other words, it kicks total ass! #
- 05 B Cellars Blend 24 (Napa Valley): Big red fruit, big ol’ tannins, big ol’ booze. Maybe too big, with booze on the finish. Needs a steak. #
Powered by Twitter Tools.