Sign Up to get all the latest wine coolness delivered to your virtual doorstep. I've also got short, easily-digestible mini wine reviews and some educational, entertaining wine vids. If you're looking to up your wine tasting IQ, check out my book How to Taste Like a Wine Geek: A practical guide to tasting, enjoying, and learning about the world's greatest beverage. Cheers!
- NV Barefoot Bubbly Brut Cuvee (CA): You could do a lot worse in a sparkler for <$10. Apple dominates. Refreshing, and very uncomplicated. #
- 06 Waters Crest Cabernet Franc Reserve (North Folk, LI): Tangy blackberries on wet grass. With a side of green peppers. But a little too $$. #
- 06 Washington Hills Cabernet Sauvignon (WA): Addition of Syrah gives this serious blueberry & blackberry jam action. Almost a steal at $10. #
- 06 Big Sky Pinot Noir (WA): Named after Montana, made in WA, using Chilean grapes. And it tastes about as coherent as you’d expect from that #
- 07 Arbor Crest Dionysus Vineyard Riesling (WA): CAUTION: Contents extremely acidic. Do NOT attempt contents of this bottle without food! #
- 07 Pacific Rim Gewurztraminer (WA): Lighter body & more acidic making a food-friendly match for Asian fare. Passion fruit dominates (yum). #
Powered by Twitter Tools.