Sign Up to get all the latest wine coolness delivered to your virtual doorstep. I've also got short, easily-digestible mini wine reviews and some educational, entertaining wine vids. If you're looking to up your wine tasting IQ, check out my book How to Taste Like a Wine Geek: A practical guide to tasting, enjoying, and learning about the world's greatest beverage. Cheers!
- 06 Chateau Fuisse Le Clos (Pouilly-Fuisse): Rich & oaky Chard. Set your alarm, you may need it to wake you up when the finish finally stops! #
- 05 Nicolas Potel Volnay Vieilles Vignes (Volnay): Berry cobbler w/ bacon. A finish so smooth, you could slip on it. But it sure ain’t free. #
- 05 JJ Vincent Pouilly Fuisse “Marie Antoinette” (Pouilly-Fuisse): Heavy on the minerality, big on acidty, but light on the fruit & finish. #
- 06 Undurraga Founder’s Carmenere (Colchagua): Big time dark-red fruits & a heap of green pepper. It’s smooth now, but will it integrate? #
- 03 Hermann J. Wiemer Ice Wine (Finger Lakes, NY): Honey, apricot, & glycerin-smooth with bracing acidity. I heart New York. #
- 07 Pio Cesare Dolcetto d’Alba (Piedmont): candied fruit & black cherry, with floral & spice notes. Interesting if not very focused. #
- 05 Simi Landslide Cabernet Sauvignon (Alexander Valley): More like “Oakslide” with this much wood. Bloated & underwhelming for the price. #
Powered by Twitter Tools.