So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 16 Domaine de Cala Coteaux Varois Rose (Provence): You forgot about well-crafted Rose in the Winter time, didn't you? Shame on you… shame, shame shame. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Pacherhof Sylvaner Vigne Vecchie Alte Reben (Alto Adige Valle Isarco): Sometimes, when you add spices to tropical fruit, a little bit of magic actually occurs. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Boutari Moschofilero (Mantinia): Somebody has been working out in the off-season, because there's some punching-above-the-price-weightclass action going on here. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Cortonesi La Manella (Brunello di Montalcino): Whoever told you that big, young Brunello couldn't be bold and generous was… uhm… not correct. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Tasca Tascante Il Tascante Nerello Mascalese (Sicilia): That line between brambly and pure is fine, precise, and in this case, also delicious. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Tasca Tascante Buonora (Etna Bianco): Did you need more Caricante in your life? Damn right you needed more Caricante in your life, fool! $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Ruggeri Argeo Prosecco Brut (Prosecco): Apples, with hints of freshness, crispness, and more than a hint of bubbly aggression. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 15 Pfendler Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Sometimes, the Coast is lean & lithe; this really isn't one of those times, like, whatsoever. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Sterling Vineyards Sparkling Rose (California): Warmer, sunny weather has a new BFF, who likes to dress all flashy and stuff. $22 B >>find this wine<<
- 16 Dutton Goldfield Dutton Ranch Green Valley Vineyard Gewurztraminer (Green Valley): When you want your heady jasmine with a side of heady lychee. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<