So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Troon Vineyard Black Label Vermentino (Applegate Valley): Nuts, lemons, & the waterfront; wait this isn't from Corsica? Holy sh*t! $30 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Concha y Toro Don Melchor Puente Alto Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Maipo Valley): This label is as Chilean as their national flag $125 A >>find this wine<<
- 13 Principe Corsini Fattoria le Corti Cortevecchia Chianti Classico Riserva (Chianti Classico Riserva): Tuscan sun, with attitude. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Chateau d'Esclans Rock Angel Rose (Cotes de Provence): It really does kind of rock, actually, & hard enough to forgive the moniker $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Long Shadows Pedestal Merlot (Columbia Valley): Hold on to yer butts, & prepare yourself for a powerful, tannic kick to the kisser $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Talbott Vineyards Sleepy Hollow Vineyard Pinot Noir (Santa Lucia Highlands): For those who like their game meat adventurously raw. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Etude Fiddlestix Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sta. Rita Hills): Maddeningly schizophrenic in presentation, but also undeniably talented. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Etude Bannockburn Pinot Noir (Central Otago): Contains French film noir amounts of intrigue, in earthy, serious Kiwi packaging. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 E. Guigal Crozes-Hermitage Blanc (Rhone): Cleaning white flowers & exotic fruits on slate, using crisp, clear mineral water. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Albert Mann Gewurztraminer Tradition (Alsace): Hitting the right notes; just be prepared to experience those notes at high volume. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<