So, like what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Garfield Estates Syrah (Grand Valley): Acting more Rhone-like than 1/2 the Rhone producers I’ve tasted (for about 1/2 the coin too) $18 B >>find this wine>>
- 11 Garfield Estates Vin Rose (Grand Valley): Who brought this Loire guy to the American Midwest? Because I really need to thank him. $15 B >>find this wine>>
- 11 Garfield Estates S2 (Grand Valley): Tropical fruits meet lanolin & go for a smooth mouthfeel ride that’s also smooth on your wallet $15 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Tenuta dell’Ornellaia Ornellaia (Bolgheri): Tight as a drum now, eventually will play U a complex, meaty, vibrant, spicy symphony. $215 A >>find this wine>>
- 07 Canyon Wind IV (Grand Valley): Svelte, assertive, complex & ready to stand toe-to-toe (in boots) w/ high-end Napa, WA & Chile. $100 A- >>find this wine>>
- 08 Canyon Wind Petit Verdot (Grand Valley): Digs in the dirt, finds tasty game w/ side of currants & a LOT of pepper to shake on it. $26 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Anemoi Boreas (Grand Valley): Bordeaux comes to Colorado, brings nutmeg & then adopts boots, cowboy hat, & a heap of true grit. $40 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 11 Canyon Wind 47 Ten (Grand Valley): Rose of Merlot that’s actually lively & a touch serious (in other words, it’s actually *good*). $13 B- >>find this wine>>
- 09 Stone Cottage Cellars Chardonnay (West Elks): Apples & apricots now loudly announcing themselves as your scallop ceviche’s new BFFs $22 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Stone Cottage Cellars Gewurztraminer (West Elks): Lychee, lime zest & acids with the vibrant brilliance of a neutrino star. $22 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Colterris Cabernet Sauvignon (Grand Valley): Spicy, tangy, he brought flowers (he also wanted to get a little hot & heavy too soon) $20 B >>find this wine>>
- 11 Whitewater Hill Vineyards Riesling Icewine (Grand Valley): Sporting fruit purity that would make its Canadian counterparts blush. $59 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Guy Drew Vineyards Russell Vineyard Riesling (Montezuma County): Apples & lemon grass hiking to 6800 ft & still looking bright-eyed $16 B >>find this wine>>